Announcing another Roma store pick from Russell's Reserve, from the Wild Turkey Distillery. Our first Russell's store pick sold out so we decided to do another one!
This barrel was chosen from 6 other options and was a clear winner for both myself and our new wine buyer, Andre, who is actually a veteran of choosing single barrel picks. This one did take a minute to open up but once it did, the choice was obvious.
We hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Here are a few tasting notes and other details to give you an idea of what you're in for:
- Nose: Spicy incense, ripe banana, and a hint of forest floor
- Palate: Vanilla, baking spices, confectioners sugar, Jif peanut butter, and a hint of buttermilk.
- Finish: Nutmeg, wood-spice, and dark honey.
- Fill Date: 10/31/13
- Dump Date: 7/29/22
- Yield: 180 bottles
- Tyrone – Rickhouse B – 4th Floor
- Original proof: 116.5, bottled at 110 proof