Notarial records indicate the existence of "vinea culta" at the spot known as "Les Bosquets" in 1376. It is at this exact location that the nobleman Jean de RiviÃ¨re, Lord of Laval, built the Domaine des Bosquets' first edifice in 1644. The tower with battlements, lined with a "chemin de ronde" (raised protected walkway), rubbing shoulders with the huge provenÃ§al farm, is like a crow'nest overlooking the RhÃ´ne Valley.
Several distinguished personalities have laid thier seal here. EugÃ¨ne Raspail first, who was responsible for the estate's development form 1861. A century later, another visionary, Gabriel Meffre, took up the reins of the estate, restoring its nobility. Les Bosquets remains in the family today, having been in its possession centuries ago.
In 1987, after the death of gabriel Meffre, his daughter Sylvette BrÃ©chet took the destiny of this property in hand. With her impetus, her son, Laurent BrÃ©chet, joined her: the Bosquets estate was given a new lease of life with the creation of a circular cellar in the shape of a provenÃ§al Chapel, then an underground cellar for aging the wine. In 2006, it was the turn of her other son, Julien, to return to the estate, bringing fresh ideas with him.
The estate won three consecutive times in the competition of wines of Gigondas, 2 times to the general agricultural competiton in Paris, and the international press highlights its rise.