Domaine de l’Amauve is one of those true gems that are hard to find. Christian Voeux is an amazing winemaker. People know him most often as the winemaker behind Chateau la Nerthe, one of the top Chateauneuf du Pape estates. But he also produces his own wine out of the 25 acre family estate he took over a few years ago.
Christian’s wines are just the perfect example of excellence in winemaking. His cuvees balance stainless steel with barrel aging and most of the wines age for several months before being bottled. Christian keeps the wine an additional 12 months in bottle before releasing it.
Brilliant pale hue color with a compelling nose recalling plum, fennel and linden.
The palate is round and reveals generous, honest aromatics. The wine is fresh with a spicy mid-palate
• 42% Grenache Blanc, 29% Clairette, 18% Viognier, 12% Ugni Blanc
• 13% alcohol
• Clay and limestone and alluvium on surface, bringing freshness to the wine
• Hand picked harvests with a first selection of the grapes
• Grape destemming done for the entire production
• The vinification takes place in small tank for 20 days
• The wine is aged on lees for 6 months
• 6,000 bottles produced every year
• Christian Voeux was until February 2016 the winemaker behind Chateau La Nerthe in Chateauneuf du Pape
Practicing organic with the certification in process.