Podere Giardino / Reggiano Lambrusco Suoli Cataldi Rosso 2018 / 750mL

Podere Giardino / Reggiano Lambrusco Suoli Cataldi Rosso 2018 / 750mL

  • $18.00

Category: Wine - Sparkling - Red

Grapes: Lambrusco Marani, Lambrusco Salamino, Ancellotta, and Malbo Gentile

Geography: Emilia-Romagna, Italy

Appellation: Reggiano

Features: Organic


Tasting Notes

Deep ruby red in color sparked with creamy bubbles.  A dry lambrusco with a velvety tannic structure.

Delicious with charcutrie or any strong flavored italian dish or ready to enjoy on its own.


Distributor's Notes

Azienda Agricola Podere Giardino is a working farm that is located in Roncadella, just outside of Reggio Emilia. Wine is only a part of their operation--they also grow fruit and vegetables, host eductional activities, sell raw milk to the public, and make parmigiano-reggiano. “Suoli Cataldi” is made from 90% Lambrusco Marani, Lambrusco Salamino, and Lambrusco Oliva; the remaining 10% is divided between Ancellotta and Malbo Gentile. Due to a heavy rains before harvest, the varietals were individually harvested at optimal ripeness and vinified on their own—usually the estate does a true field blend. Podere Giardino has 4ha of vines, and this wine comes from a 1.5ha plot with a sandy clay soils locally called ‘Cataldi.’ Made in the Charmat method. 6,500 bottles produced. 11g/l RS. 16mg/l Total so2. Organic, v


We Also Recommend