Welcome to the new Roma Spirits Blog, Get Into The Spirit, a place where you can learn about new products in the shop, find out about raffles and special events, and watch interviews with different distillers and brand representatives.
For our very first post, we have some exciting news:
As a follow-up to the warm reception we got from our first store pick - a single barrel of Ragtime Rye bottled at cask strength from New York Distilling Company in Brooklyn - we now have a cask strength single barrel of Kings County Distillery Bourbon!
That still only left us with 110 bottles and once they are gone, they are gone forever! For more information on the barrel, check out this interview between our spirits buyer, Anthony, and Chief Blender at Kings County Distillery, Ryan Ciuchta.
To celebrate this exciting new arrival, we decided to pair it with our next raffle for George Dickel Bottled In Bond Tennessee Whisky!
This bottle is wildly different from the standard small batch bourbon from Kings County. Cask #3518 has more warm baking spice and earthiness than the regular bourbon while still retaining the familiar Kings County Distillery character. Because of the low yield of this cask, we decided to use 375mL bottles, the same smaller size as the other Kings County bottles we carry.
We were fortunate enough to get a few more bottles of this highly sought after whisky after selling out immediately after it was awarded Whisky of the Year by Whisky Advocate Magazine. We chose this bottle for the raffle because it's the first product released under George Dickel’s “Cascade Hollow” label, which is run by Nicole Austin who is the former blender for Kings County Distillery!
This bottle will be offered to the winner of the raffle at our original (pre-whisky of the year price) of $57 instead of the $100+ that many stores are now asking for.
- Every bottle of Kings County Roma Single Barrel Bourbon purchased gets you 1 entry into the raffle.
- Once you have made your purchase online or in store, simply send a picture or digital copy of your receipt to Anthony@romawinesnyc.com with the subject “Kings County George Dickel Raffle”.
- Only entries with this subject line and a copy of their receipt will be entered.
- Each bottle purchased gets you one entry.
- Entries can be made until midnight on Sunday June 14th, which happens to be National Bourbon Day!
- Winners will be contacted by the email that the entry was sent with.
- Once the email is sent, you will have 48 hours to reply before we move on and pick another winner.
- If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to Anthony@romawinesnyc.com
Anthony & The Roma Wine & Liquors Team
Share this post
- Tags: Barrel Pick, Bottled in Bond, Bourbon, Cask Strength, George Dickel, Kings County Distillery, New Product, Raffle, Ragtime Rye, Whisky